Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Faith

I'm a person with great faith in the world and everything in it. I've never feared the economy, wars, or extreme weather. Even in the worst situations, I know that everything will work out somehow - even if we don't' understand how it's even possible in the here and now. I guess that's why I've never worried much either.

A wise, former pastor of mine once preached a sermon on Faith. And in it, he asked us what is the opposite of Faith? Disbelief? Distrust? No. The opposite of FAITH is FEAR.

It really caught me off guard. Through the many dangers, toils, & snares of my short life, I have never had true fear. 9/11? Severe storms? High gas prices? Troubled economy? All I do is pray and trust. Trust and pray.

The world says we should worry. The world says if we're too trusting, we'll be labeled as gullible or naive and end up being hurt by someone or something (which can be very true).

But if we are to be God's children and trust Him for all our decisions - knowing that His will and His plan are in place, then we ultimately are okay - right?

Don't know why I've got such deep thoughts on the brain tonight....

No comments: