Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 02, 2012

Books I'm Reading Lately

Nothing says Summer like a good book to read.  People even write articles about it.  Blogs too.  Guess I'm just next in a long line of suckers!

Currently on the Bookshelf:
  1. Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater.  MG & I are taking turns reading this out loud to each other.  (Little does she know, it's good for her!)  It's fun to hear her sound out the antiquated words & read all of the penguin sounds, "Orrrrk!"
  2. The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans.  This is the 3rd book in The Walk Series about a man who's lost everything, and decides to walk from his Portland, Oregon, home to the farthest walkable point on the map: Key West, Florida.  He's only in South Dakota now, so I wonder how many more books it will take to drag this story out.
  3. Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb.  Book 5 in the In Death series with Eve Dallas.  My Kindle loan expired from the library, so I've got to get back into this series with the paperback.  A pure comfort read when you already know most of the characters. 

What I Just Finished:
  1. Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris.   Brain-candy for the paranormal in me.  I think we're up to book 12 in this series - and even though this one was a bit better than the last, I'm still thinking it's time to end the series.  Plus, as the years go on, it's getting harder to not confuse the plots with what I watch on TrueBlood!
  2. Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb.  Book 4 in the In Death series with Eve Dallas.  I listened to most of this when I didn't have the paperback in hand.

Still Waiting for Me to Pick Up & Read:
  1. Calico Joe by John Grisham.  A short one by Grisham about baseball.  Can't be too bad, can it?  (Yes, it could be terrible.... like his other ventures into non-legal fiction.)
  2.  Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.  After watching the miniseries for Books I, II & III of North & South with Hubby recently, I thought it was about time I knocked this book off my bucket list.  (I have no idea if I'll enjoy it or not - I just know that it's over 1,000 pages if it's only mediocre!

Do you like to read?  Wanna swap stories of the best and worst out there?  Follow me on Goodreads.com   - I love that website! :)

No comments: