Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

No More Camera Envy!

Yes, I know it's a sin.  "Thou shalt not covet another mother's camera!"  And for the first time in 8 years, I realized at the Christmas Pageant last year that what I had wasn't even second-best, but third rate.  I never said anything to my dear Hubby.  Never even looked at ads for the latest zooming-filming-bigger-than-a-bread-box camera.  But somehow he knew, and started looking.

We had the opportunity to make a little money at the end of May, and decided to blow it all on ourselves.  What did Hubby have in mind?  A NIKON.  A real, brand-new, honest to goodness, top of the line Nikon Camera.  WOW.  And he saved a bundle off the original price - enough to buy a 55-200mm zoom lens to go with it!

He says he bought it for me, because the last time he found a great camera deal, he gave it to his mom.  I got over that eventually because she gave us her camera, which was a definite upgrade.  But then MG dropped it on the pavement on Easter and scratched the lens.  I think that's when he really started looking, because I was so disappointed.

Bumblebee on Lavender - June 2012, Larissa Root

So with my growing knowledge of photography, a little help from Picasa (love this free software, go get it!) - I'm producing great photos like the one above.  I love being a Shutterbug!

No comments: