Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!

It seems to be my only escape from the world lately. I plug in my mp3 player and start listening. Now granted, they have all been YA books lately, but I'm willing to branch out if I can find a good downloadable audiobook that's not YA. Finding being the keyword. Here's just a taste of what I've been listening to this month:

Goofy, hormonal, teen books really make the crazy adult life that I live every day a little less serious. Plus I'm helping teens with their reading preferences. Next on my list - another guy book (like FanBoy & Goth Girl): The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp by Rick Yancey. It's sort of a modern-day Arthurian legend book that will be a good recommend for guys with an adventure addiction & and Harry Potter hang up. (yes, I'm still sad that it's over too...)

And just to add my two cents in... why do books no longer just have "Adventures?" It was good enough for Huckleberry Finn & Sherlock Holmes, but apparently not enough for FanBoy & Alfred Kropp. :)


No comments: